Dietology is the Science of Rational Nutrition
We choose the ideal weight for each client
In order to maintain weight, you need to change your nutrition system once and for all. Remember: old habits – old weight, new habits – new weight.
The word “diet” in Greek meant “lifestyle”. We cannot but agree with the wisdom of the ancients, because a balanced diet and regular physical activity are mandatory components of a healthy person’s lifestyle.
Functions of a personal nutrition specialist
Malnutrition, insufficient physical activity and bad habits can provoke the development of various diseases, including the appearance of excess weight and obesity. Therefore, today, when the consumption of high-calorie food has become a kind of “norm”, to develop the habit of eating properly is one of the most important tasks for persons with a penchant for their health.
The main task of a personal nutrition specialist is the development of the principles of healthy nutrition and proper eating behaviour, individually for each patient.
The program of nutrition correction at Art of Beauty includes:
- Diagnosis of body composition: total body fluid content, fat tissue, lean body mass, skeletal muscle mass, protein and mineral components.
- Laboratory diagnosis of blood composition, including hormonal status.
- Development of an individual nutrition plan.
- Dynamic observation of the patient for the entire period of the active phase of weight correction and at the subsequent stage of the preservation of the result – monitoring parameters of bioimpedance analysis of body composition and laboratory analyzes of blood composition.
Analyzes before consultation with a nutritionist
- Clinical blood test;
- Common urine test;
- Biochemistry of blood (lipid profile, transaminases, TSH, creatinine, glucose levels, uric acid)
On the basis of these analyzes, a nutritionist can recommend an additional ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland, digestive tract organs (liver, kidney, stomach, pancreas, spleen), the reproductive system (ovaries, uterus), and the breast. It is possible that additional blood tests will be prescribed.
Nutrition specialist services are primarily necessary for those who have the following problems:
- Excess or insufficient body weight;
- Disorders of the digestive system;
- Hereditary diseases, requiring careful adherence to a special diet (celiac disease, diabetes, phenylketonuria, etc.);
- The need to adjust the diet;
- Any gastroenterological diseases in acute or chronic form.
Efficacy of nutrition for a personal program
The result of the observance of the nutrition program compiled by a nutritionist will be:
- Normalization of weight;
- Improvement of biochemical parameters of blood;
- Achieving the right balance of muscle and fat tissues;
- Strengthening the body’s immune functions;
- Significant improvement in the state of endocrinological, cardiovascular and gastroenterological diseases;
- Correction of body shape defects;
- Increase in overall vitality;
- Normalization of the psycho-emotional background.
Individual programs for weight reduction and body shape correction.
In Art of Beauty, dietology is built on the use of individual balanced nutrition programs that are developed by a nutritionist on the basis of data obtained after a comprehensive survey. The weight loss program includes the diagnosis of the body. Particular attention is paid to the state of fluid in the body proportional to the composition of fat, muscle mass and bones.
Tips from Art of Beauty:
- A balanced diet is a guarantee of health. Therefore, it is very important to eat in a balanced way, so that the body receives all the vitamins and trace elements necessary for it.
- Any restriction is stress for the body. A sharp change in the usual diet can cause serious health problems.
- Every morning (on an empty stomach) drink a glass of warm water – it will wake up the body and “start” the process of digestion. Drink as much water as possible during the day.
- To normalize the metabolism, fractional meals in small portions every 3 hours are necessary. Dinner is 3 hours before bedtime.
- Every basic meal should contain protein, complex carbohydrates and fiber.
- Dietary fiber or dietary fibers are edible, but indigestible parts of plant products, which include fruits, vegetables, cereals and legumes. Fiber stimulates the work of the intestines, helps digestion, and participates in the processes of purification of the body. During the day, you must eat foods that contain up to 30 g of fiber.
- Regular physical activity and at least 40 minutes of walking per day are mandatory
Nutrition specialists in the clinic are specially prepared experts for solving issues of therapeutic nutrition, taking into account the individual characteristics of each patient.
Their primary task is to create a correct, healthy, physiologically balanced and, most importantly, convenient life diet. Only in this case it is possible to observe the principles of healthy nutrition for entire life if it is made up taking into account the habits of a person, the rhythm of life, taste preferences, if it gives a sense of satiety and preserves health.
The nutritionist necessarily takes into account the presence of concomitant diseases and the state of health in general. Even minor deviations, which are detected only by carrying out laboratory examination of blood tests and/or ultrasound diagnosis, are the reason for a change in diet.
After compiling a basic diet during the course of intensive procedures, the second important task of the nutritionist is to teach the patient the principles and laws of rational nutrition. This is not just avoiding sweet and fatty foods, but an explanation of why and how much you need proteins, fats, carbohydrates and trace elements.
The nutritionist of the clinic will explain what to avoid, what food is strictly forbidden in the diet, what can be eaten in the evening and why, how certain products effect the body. And only after that, knowing what is happening and how, it will be simple for you to make an informed choice.
To compose a correct rational diet, the nutrition specialist is based on diagnostic data, laboratory tests and the presence of concomitant diseases. For example, with a high cholesterol level, which is often found in people with excessive body weight, it is necessary to exclude foods with a high cholesterol content from the diet, and in patients with diabetes, a complete correction of the diet is generally necessary. But the same patient can suffer from diabetes mellitus and have a high cholesterol level, so in the same patient the individual nutrition plan can contain combinations of different treatment diets necessary individually.
We offer programs that include hardware, manual and injective techniques for correcting the body shape and weight that will help to consolidate the results achieved by the diet, as well as will prevent the side effects of weight loss, such as stretch marks or flabbiness of the skin.
Experienced nutritionist Marina Kaplane, is a professional in her field, graduated from Riga Stradins University and continues self-education.
Nutritionist is providing consultation about nutrition
and choose the right nutrition treatment plan for any individual situation .
Eating the right kinds of foods during and after treatment can help to feel better and stay stronger Provides counseling and treatment on the following issues:
- problems with overweight or underweight;
- nutritional disorders (anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating);
- the need for an individually developed menu for the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases;
- the desire to eat healthy and balanced food, to improve health through proper nutrition;
- special food with a sedentary lifestyle, for example, when working in the office;
- sports nutrition;
- elderly nutrition
- group lessons