Massage for pregnant women allows to improve the woman’s condition and ensure perfect conditions for her baby development.
Massage during pregnancy often becomes a real help for a woman. Regular courses of massage improve the expectant mother’s condition, raise her mood and allows her taking care of her baby’s health.
Benefits of massage during pregnancy
- Relief of pain in the back, hips, legs and feet
- Relief of edema
- Sleep improvement
- Relief of pain in calf muscles
- Relief of headaches
- Smooth improvement of endocrine profile
- Improvement of lymph and blood circulation, contributing to a better fetal nutrition with oxygen and nutrients
- Endorphin production, thus, improving the emotional state and relieving pain.
Benefits of massage during pregnancy for the baby
Massage for pregnant women means taking care of the baby. Massage sessions make it possible to improve chemical media, required for normal, healthy prenatal development.
Contraindications to massage for pregnant women
- Pregnancy less than 15 weeks
- Toxicosis symptoms
- Threatened miscarriage
- High blood pressure and uterine tonus
- Infectious diseases
- Skin conditions
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases
- Prohibition by the supervising obstetrician-gynecologist
Differences of massage for pregnant women from the regular type:
- Preliminary consultation to identify hidden contraindications to the procedure and for a deeper understanding of the pregnant woman physiology. Examination and diagnosis aimed at muscle hyper- and hypotonus detection.
- Targeted work with possible concomitant features accompanying pregnancy (edema, lower back pain, chest pain, piriformis syndrome, calf and foot pain).
Advantages of Art of Beauty programs during pregnancy
At Art of Beauty Clinic, massage for pregnant women is performed by a certified specialist with a medical background.
All available indications and your individual characteristics are considered before massage.
We care about the utmost comfort and safety of every pregnant woman.