Thai Stretching – is one of the highest levels of Thai massage. It has a significant beneficial effect on the entire body of the patient and specifically on the musculoskeletal system.
Even a couple of hours of such massage significantly facilitates the general condition of a person, improves joint mobility, increases the amplitude of movements, provides a surge of energy and improvement in mood.
The Essence of Thai Stretching
The essence of the massage is to perform a special complex of successive stretches and twists. Exercises are combined with a deep, detailed study of all muscles, ligaments and tendons.
In parallel, active stimulation of lymph and blood is performed, which allows you to efficiently and quickly remove toxins that accumulate in the soft tissues of the body after performing physical exertion or in the process of “stagnation” of the muscles. All movements are carried out smoothly, slowly, providing not only a healing, but also a relaxing effect.
Combinations of Techniques in Thai Stretching
Thai Stretching involves the combined use of yoga techniques and Ayurvedic massage. The twists and stretches used in stretching are similar to Yoga Asanas, but have a more gentle character. The load (intensity of movements) is selected individually by the massage therapist, based on the condition and well-being of the patient.
Indications for Thai Stretching
- Excess weight;
- Lack of flexibility of the spine and joints;
- Muscular overwork;
- Stress, irritability, nervousness;
- Chronic fatigue and general fatigue;
- Chronic headaches;
- Sleep disorders, depression.
Thai Stretching Effect
The use of Thai Stretching techniques and methods allows you to remove existing blocks from various areas of the patient’s body, get rid of stress, improves physical fitness and wellness without exhausting workouts and fatigue, while receiving only pleasure in a pleasant, relaxing environment.
The most important thing for massage therapists is that this technique allows them to work with muscle groups that cannot be stretched with hands only.
Result of Thai Stretching
Smooth stretching, deep kneading of muscles and soft opening of joints with a parallel increase in lymph and blood flow restore balance and harmony of all body systems:
- General tone of the body increases: the muscle corset is restored, discomfort goes away, muscle pain is relieved;
- Work of internal organs is normalized: deposits of salts, dysfunctions of the genitourinary system are eliminated, edema disappears;
- All body processes are geared and normalized: the correct circulation of energy in the body is activated;
- Work of the circulatory and lymphatic systems improves: metabolism;
- Flexibility and stretching of the body improve: general deep relaxation;
- Mobility of the body increases: of spine, joints, ligaments;
- Body clamps go away: which are areas of accumulation of pain blocks and mental problems;
- Body shape and posture are corrected: weight is normalized, cellulite leaves, skin elasticity increases;
- Flow of oxygen to the arm and leg extremities improves: strengthening of blood vessels;
- Program of self-cleaning of the body from toxins is triggered: skin turgor improves;
- Stress and anxiety are relieved: insomnia goes away.
Contraindications to Thai Stretching Massage:
- Recently undergone surgeries, injuries;
- Diseases of the spine and back diseases requiring treatment under the supervision of a doctor;
- In the presence of endoprosthesis (for example, of a hip or knee joint);
- Thrombosis, thrombophlebitis;
- Varicose veins;
- Blood diseases, atherosclerosis of peripheral vessels and cerebral vessels;
- Pulmonary heart failure, acute cardiovascular failure, pulmonary edema;
- Renal and liver failure;
- Acute hypertonic or hypotonic crisis;
- Mental illness with excessive excitement, significantly altered by the psyche;
- In acute febrile conditions and high temperature;
- Purulent processes of any localization;
- Acute respiratory disease (ARI).
Continuation of the session:
- Duration of the session from 1h. to 1.5 hours.